Carrie Livengood's Burritos

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Burrito night at the Harrison house! They were excellent!


Ingredients: 2.5 lbs ground beef, 20 flour tortillas, 1 can of refried beans, 2 big cans of enchilada sauce, 1 chopped onion, shredded lettuce (forgot to put that in the pic), sour cream for topping, and shredded cheddar cheese.
Brown the meat and the onion and drain. Simple right?

Put a spoonful or two of refried beans on a tortilla and spread it around. Top with a spoonful of the beef and some lettuce. Roll 'em up and put them in a pan like the one below. My pans hold 10 of these bad boys. I made 2 pans because hey, it's call "food for eight" right?

Pour a can of enchilada sauce over the top. (Getting complicated now.) I have two pans, I need two cans of sauce. Cover with cheddar cheese. Bake 'em at 375 for 20 minutes.


Top them with a little more lettuce and some sour cream and serve with pico and salsa. Put a pretty little sprig of cilantro on top and make your husband take a picture on the pretty plate because you're too short to do a good job.

Voila! Dinner!

By the way, this gets the Josh stamp of approval which is hard to get. Impossible. This will be in our weekly-ish rotation from now on. :)

3 comments:

Misty said...

YUM!! so kinda enchurito-ish... mmm mmm.. just a side note..you ever thought of doing food-tography ?? lol these pics look professional!

Diane said...

Misty, I told her the same thing yesterday. I thought a professional had done them!

jessicalynnknits said...

Chris takes the final pictures. :) I just cook and put it on the plate. I take all of the in process pictures so he's not hovering over me.